Amer Fort, also known as Amber Fort, is a magnificent palace located in Jaipur, Rajasthan, India. It was built in the 16th century and served as the capital of the Kachwaha Rajput dynasty until Jaipur was established as the new capital in 1727. The fort is known for its exquisite architecture, breathtaking views, and rich history. Here are some amazing facts about Amer Fort that you probably didn’t know:
1. Amer Fort is built using red sandstone and marble. The red sandstone gives the fort its distinctive color and makes it stand out against the surrounding hills.
2. The fort is divided into four main sections, each with its own courtyard. These sections are called the Diwan-e-Aam (Hall of Public Audience), the Diwan-e-Khas (Hall of Private Audience), the Sheesh Mahal (Palace of Mirrors), and the Sukh Niwas (Hall of Pleasure).
3. The Diwan-e-Aam is a large open space where the king would address his subjects. The Diwan-e-Khas is a more private area where the king would meet with his advisors.
4. The Sheesh Mahal is one of the most beautiful parts of the fort. It is a hall decorated entirely with mirrors, creating a stunning visual effect.
5. The Sukh Niwas is a cooling chamber that was used to beat the heat during the hot Rajasthan summers. It is designed to channel cool water through a network of pipes and channels, creating a pleasant, breezy atmosphere.
6. Amer Fort has several entrances, including the Suraj Pol (Sun Gate), which faces east and is the main entrance to the fort.
7. The fort is surrounded by a moat, which used to be filled with water to protect the fort from invaders. Today, the moat is dry, but it still adds to the fort’s grandeur and majesty.
8. One of the most unique features of Amer Fort is the elephant ride. Visitors can ride on the back of an elephant up to the fort’s entrance, providing a memorable and exciting experience.
9. The fort has several beautiful gardens, including the Kesar Kyari Bagh, which is a garden of saffron plants arranged in a geometric pattern.
10. Amer Fort has been featured in several movies, including the popular Bollywood film “Jodhaa Akbar.” The fort’s stunning beauty and historical significance make it a popular destination for tourists from all over the world.
If you want to know more about Amer Fort or history of Rajasthan then you can book 5 nights 6 days Golden Triangle Tour.
In conclusion, Amer Fort is a stunning palace that is rich in history and culture. Its unique architecture, beautiful gardens, and breathtaking views make it a must-visit destination for anyone traveling to Jaipur. Whether you’re interested in history, and architecture, or just looking for a beautiful place to visit, Amer Fort is sure to impress.