As the year comes to an end, there’s no better way to celebrate than by traveling to some of the best places in India. From the chilly mountains of Leh to the sunny beaches of Goa, India has a lot to offer in December. So if you’re looking for the perfect way to end your year, check out this list of the best places to visit in December in India. From stunning natural beauty to rich culture and history, you’re sure to find something that suits your fancy.
Auli is a beautiful hill station located in the state of Uttarakhand, India. It is situated at an altitude of 2,500 metres above sea level and is known for its stunning views of the Himalayan mountains. The winters in Auli are extremely cold, with temperatures dipping below zero degrees Celsius. However, this makes it the perfect place to visit if you’re looking to escape the heat and enjoy some snowfall. There are a number of ski resorts in Auli that offer a variety of winter sports activities such as skiing, snowboarding and tobogganing. You can also simply enjoy the scenic beauty of this place by taking a cable car ride to the top of nearby Nanda Devi peak.
Goa – The Partayyyy Capital
Goa is the party capital of India, and there is no better time to visit than in December! The weather is perfect for spending days on the beach and nights dancing at one of Goa’s many nightclubs. There are also a number of festivals and events taking place in December, so there is always something to do. If you’re looking for a place to let loose and have a good time, Goa is the perfect destination.
Jaisalmer is one of the most popular tourist destinations in Rajasthan. It is known for its golden Fort, which was built in the 12th century. The fort is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and is one of the largest forts in India. Jaisalmer is also home to many havelis, which are traditional Rajasthani residences. The city has a desert climate and experiences very hot summers and cool winters. December is a great time to visit Jaisalmer as the weather is pleasant and there are many festivals taking place. Some of the popular festivals include the Desert Festival, camel safaris, and folk dance performances.
Manali, Himachal Pradesh
Manali is one of the most popular tourist destinations in India. Situated in the beautiful state of Himachal Pradesh, Manali is known for its stunning natural scenery and its lively atmosphere. The town is situated at an altitude of 2,050 m (6,726 ft) in the Kullu Valley and is surrounded by snow-capped mountains. Manali is a great place to visit in December as the weather is cool and pleasant at this time of year.
There are plenty of things to see and do in Manali. Some of the most popular tourist attractions include the Hadimba Devi Temple, which is dedicated to the local goddess; the Vashisht Hot Springs, where you can relax in natural hot springs; and Solang Valley, which offers breathtaking views of the surrounding mountains. There are also plenty of opportunity for activities such as hiking, rafting, and skiing in Manali.
So if you’re looking for a destination that has it all – stunning scenery, lively atmosphere, and plenty to see and do – then be sure to add Manali to your list of places to visit in December!
Udaipur, Rajasthan is one of the best places to visit in December in India. The city is known for its beautiful lakes, palaces, and temples. December is the perfect time to visit Udaipur as the weather is cool and pleasant. You can explore the city by foot or take a boat ride on the lake. There are many things to see and do in Udaipur, Rajasthan. Here are some of the best places to visit in December in Udaipur, Rajasthan:
1. City Palace: The City Palace is one of the most popular tourist attractions in Udaipur. The palace was built by Maharana Udai Singh II in 1559. It is a complex of several buildings, courtyards, and gardens. The palace has a museum which houses artifacts from the Mewar dynasty.
2. Lake Pichola: Lake Pichola is one of the most beautiful lakes in India. It was created in 1362 AD by Pichhu Banjara. The lake is surrounded by hills, palaces, temples, and havelis (traditional Indian residences). You can take a boat ride on the lake or enjoy a view of it from your hotel room.
3. Jag Niwas: Jag Niwas is an island palace located on Lake Pichola. It was built by Maharana Jagat Singh II in 1622 AD. The palace has marble floors and intricate mirror work. You can enjoy a view of the city from the palace.
4. Jag Mandir: Jag Mandir is a palace located on an island in Lake Pichola. It was built by Maharana Amar Singh in 1620 AD. The palace has a beautiful garden and a marble floor. You can take a boat ride to the palace or enjoy a view of it from your hotel room.
5. Fateh Sagar Lake: Fateh Sagar Lake is another man-made lake in Udaipur. It was built by Maharana Fateh Singh in 1680 AD. The lake has three islands, which house different palaces and temples. You can take a boat ride on the lake or enjoy a view of it from your hotel room.
If you’re looking for a December vacation that will be filled with culture, history, and plenty of photo opportunities, then Jaipur, Rajasthan is the perfect destination for you! This beautiful city is home to some of India’s most iconic landmarks, including the Hawa Mahal (Palace of the Winds) and the Amber Fort. You can also explore the city’s vibrant markets, which are full of colorful spices, textiles, and handicrafts. And be sure to save some time for a sunset camel ride through the desert!
People who are looking for a perfect end to their year should visit Thrissur in Kerala. This city is known for its extensive marketplaces, religious temples, and stunning natural scenery. Visitors can explore the city’s many parks and gardens, or take a boat ride on the Periyar River. December is also a great time to visit Thrissur because of the city’s colorful festivals and celebrations.
Orchha, Madhya Pradesh
If you want to experience true Indian culture, there is no better place to visit than Orchha. This small town in Madhya Pradesh is home to a number of historical temples and palaces that are sure to impress. December is the perfect time to visit as the weather is cool and pleasant.
Be sure to explore the Orchha Fort Complex, which includes the Raj Mahal, Jehangir Mahal, and Rai Parveen Mahal. The Raj Mahal was built in 1531 and is a beautiful example of Mughal architecture. The Jehangir Mahal is a three-story palace that was built for Emperor Jehangir in 1605. The Rai Parveen Mahal is a smaller palace that was built for the poet-saint Rai Parveen in 1611.
For something truly unique, make sure to check out the Chaturbhuj Temple. This temple was built without using any support beams or pillars! You’ll also want to take some time to stroll through the Ram Raja Temple complex, which includes two temples side by side – one Hindu and one Jain.
No matter what your interests are, you’re sure to find something to love in Orchha. So don’t wait any longer – start planning your trip today!
Delhi – The Capital City of India
Delhi, the capital city of India, is a great place to visit in December. The weather is cool and the city is full of festive cheer. There are many things to see and do in Delhi, from visiting historical monuments to shopping in the markets. Here are some of the best places to visit in Delhi in December:
1. Red Fort: The Red Fort is a must-visit when in Delhi. It is one of the most famous historical landmarks in India and was built by Mughal Emperor Shah Jahan. The fort is made of red sandstone and has many beautiful buildings inside, including the Diwan-i-Aam (public audience hall) and the Diwan-i-Khas (private audience hall).
2. Jama Masjid: Jama Masjid is one of the largest mosques in India and was also built by Shah Jahan. It can accommodate 25,000 people at once and is a stunning example of Mughal architecture.
3. Chandni Chowk: Chandni Chowk is a bustling market street in Old Delhi. It is a great place to shop for clothes, spices, and other Indian goods. You can also find some delicious street food here such as chaat (snacks) and jalebi (a type of sweet).
4. Akshardham Temple: Akshardham Temple is a Hindu temple that was built recently (in 2005). It is one of the largest Hindu temples in the world and is very beautiful. It has many intricate carvings and sculptures.
5. Qutub Minar: Qutub Minar is a tall minaret (tower) that was built in the 12th century. It is one of the tallest towers in India and offers great views of Delhi from the top.
Nainital is a hill station in the Indian state of Uttarakhand and one of the best places to visit in December. The town is situated at an altitude of 2,000 meters (6,562 feet) above sea level in the Kumaon foothills and is surrounded by mountains on all sides. Nainital has a cool and pleasant climate throughout the year, making it a popular tourist destination.
December is a great time to visit Nainital as the weather is cool and comfortable with daytime temperatures averaging around 15 degrees Celsius (59 Fahrenheit). This is also a good time to enjoy outdoor activities such as hiking, bird watching, and boating on Nainital Lake.
If you’re looking for the perfect way to end your year, a trip to India might be just what you need. With its stunning landscapes and rich culture, India is a country that has something for everyone. And with December being one of the best months to visit, there’s no better time to plan your trip. Now, book India tour packages at IndiaTopTours and get the best deal on instant booking. So start packing your bags and get ready for an unforgettable experience.